**Every school-day morning there is Strong Start at John Muir School from 9:15-12:15.**
This week is “Water Safety Week” at SEAPARC. Pick up your scavenger hunt form from reception and answer all the questions that are posted around the rec centre and you could win a free set of swim lessons.
Monday, June 3
- SFRS Parent and Preschooler Drop-in (2 – 6 years old) at CASA, 9:30 to 11:00 AM.
Tuesday, June 4
- Moms’ Bible Study group meets at Sooke Baptist Church (7110 West Coast Road), 9:30 to 11:00 AM. Kids welcome – toys provided. You don’t have to attend Sooke Baptist Church to come!
- Baby Talk (for ages 0 – 12 months) through VIHA at the CASA building, 10:00 to 11:30. Topic: Outdoor Safety.
- Toonie skate at SEAPARC, 11:15 AM to 1:00 PM. Children 4 and under free. Cost does not include skate rental.
- Art in the Afternoon with Kelly, 7160 Francis Road, 3:00 to 4:00 PM, for 3- to 5-year-olds. More info here. (I have been unable to get in touch with the lady who was doing this program, so I’m not sure if it’s still happening or not – sorry for the uncertainty.)
- Youth Clinic at West Coast Family Medical Clinic, 4:00 to 6:30 PM.
- Knitting Circle at the library, 6:30 to 8:00 PM. Free, drop-in, all levels or beginners welcome!
Wednesday, June 5
- SFRS Parent Discussion group, 9:30 to 11:00. Topic: Fathers.
- Toonie skate at SEAPARC, 10:00 to 11:00 AM. Children 4 and under free. Cost does not include skate rental.
- Prenatal classes through SFRS at CASA, 6:30 to 8:30 PM. Group classes for pregnant women and a partner. Costs $100; subsidy available. Call Teresa at 250-642-5152 to register. Runs May 22 to June 26.
- Teen-only ball hockey at SEAPARC, 7:00 to 8:30 PM.
Thursday, June 6
- Toonie swim at SEAPARC, 12:00 to 1:00 PM. Children 4 and under free.
- Sooke Breastfeeding Support meeting, 1:30 to 3:30 PM in the Infant/Toddler Room at CASA (2145 Townsend Road). Whether you have questions or want to help others with breastfeeding, or are pregnant or just interested, come talk about anything you want to talk about to do with breastfeeding! Kids welcome; toys provided. Good breastfeeding (and parenting) books available to borrow, too.
Friday, June 7
- StrongStart: Miss Shirley, Elder from Sooke Nation, visits
- Youth Floor Hockey for ages 11 and up at SEAPARC, 2:00 to 3:15 PM.
- Teen Drop-in for ages 13-17, 7:00 to 10:00 PM at the Sooke Community Hall (2037 Shields Road), put on by SEAPARC staff. Free! Pool, music, ping pong, guitar hero and more. Free snacks included!
Saturday, June 8
- Sooke Country Market, on Otter Point Road at Eustace, 10 AM to 2 PM.
- Kindergym at SEAPARC, for ages 1-5, $3, 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM.
- Fun Factor Swim at SEAPARC, 1:00 to 3:30 PM.
Sunday, June 9