**Every school-day morning there is Strong Start at John Muir School from 9:15-12:15.**
Monday, April 29
- SFRS Parent and Preschooler Drop-in (25 months – 6 years old) at CASA, 9:30 to 11:00 AM.
- Dentistry From the Heart Day at Academy Dental (6689 Sooke Road): free essential dental care for those who can’t afford it. See www.academysmile.com
- Parents Together: an education and group support program for parents of teens. The group offers respect, confidentiality, practical ideas and skill development. Topics include adolescent development, respectful communication, boundaries and more. On-line registration at www.emcsprograms.ca There is a misprint on the website and calendar: it will run on April 15-May 6, from 6:30 to 8:45 PM (Monday evenings).
Tuesday, April 30
- Moms’ Bible Study group meets at Sooke Baptist Church (7110 West Coast Road), 9:30 to 11:00 AM. Kids welcome – toys provided. You don’t have to attend Sooke Baptist Church to come!
- Baby Talk (for ages 0 – 12 months) through VIHA at the CASA building, 10:00 to 11:30. Topic: Learning to Talk: Speech/Language Development.
- Toonie skate at SEAPARC, 11:15 AM to 1:00 PM. Children 4 and under free. Cost does not include skate rental.
- Art in the Afternoon with Kelly, 7160 Francis Road, 3:00 to 4:00 PM, for 3- to 5-year-olds. More info here.
- Youth Clinic at West Coast Family Medical Clinic, 4:00 to 6:30 PM.
- Knitting Circle at the library, 6:30 to 8:00 PM. Free, drop-in, all levels or beginners welcome!
Wednesday, May 1
- SFRS Parent Discussion group, 9:30 to 11:00. Topic: Open Discussion.
- Toonie skate at SEAPARC, 10:00 to 11:00 AM. Children 4 and under free. Cost does not include skate rental.
Thursday, May 2
- Preschool Storytime at the library, 10:30 AM. Join us for stories, songs, rhymes, fingerplays and more. We’ll celebrate a different theme each week. Plus, every storytime ends with a craft! For approximately ages 3-5; registration required (call the library).
- SFRS Young Parents’ Discussion Group at CASA, includes lunch, 11:00 to 1:30. Topic: Mother’s Day Celebration.
- Toonie swim at SEAPARC, 12:00 to 1:00 PM. Children 4 and under free.
Friday, May 3
- All-Day Free Youth Drop-In at SEAPARC. Free admission to any drop-in SEAPARC programs for ages 11 to 18.
- Babytime at the library, 10:30 AM. Come and enjoy rhymes, songs, fingerplays, and stories with your baby. Meet other parents and caregivers and share your experiences. For babies aged 0 to 18 months; registration required (call the library).
- Head Start Music Program through SFRS at CASA. 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM. For 4- and 5-year-olds. Music-based activities – singing, moving, listening, and instruments. Every second Friday. Call 250-642-5152 to register. Runs until June 21.
- Youth Floor Hockey for ages 11 and up at SEAPARC, 2:00 to 3:50 PM.
- Teen Drop-in for ages 13-17, 7:00 to 10:00 PM at the Sooke Community Hall (2037 Shields Road), put on by SEAPARC staff. Free! Pool, music, ping pong, guitar hero and more. Free snacks included!
Saturday, May 4
- Sooke Country Market, on Otter Point Road at Eustace, 10 AM to 2 PM.
- Mother’s Day Spring Fling at the Community Hall, 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Sooke Rotary Auction and Spring Fair at SEAPARC, 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM. Live and silent auction, used bike sale, snacks and lunch, business expo, plant sale, 50/50 draw, door prizes, free swim from 1:00 to 5:00, community dinner from 5:00 to 7:00. Free shuttle service.
- Kindergym at SEAPARC, for ages 1-5, $3, 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM.
- Fun Factor Swim at SEAPARC, 1:00 to 3:30 PM.
Sunday, May 5