**Every school-day morning there is Strong Start at John Muir School from 9:15-12:15.**
Monday, April 22
- SFRS Parent and Baby/Toddler Drop-in (0 – 24 months old) at CASA, 9:30 to 11:00 AM.
- Parents Together: an education and group support program for parents of teens. The group offers respect, confidentiality, practical ideas and skill development. Topics include adolescent development, respectful communication, boundaries and more. On-line registration at www.emcsprograms.ca There is a misprint on the website and calendar: it will run on April 15-May 6, from 6:30 to 8:45 PM (Monday evenings).
Tuesday, April 23
- Moms’ Bible Study group meets at Sooke Baptist Church (7110 West Coast Road), 9:30 to 11:00 AM. Kids welcome – toys provided. You don’t have to attend Sooke Baptist Church to come!
- Baby Talk (for ages 0 – 12 months) through VIHA at the CASA building, 10:00 to 11:30. Topic: Taking Care of Yourself.
- Toonie skate at SEAPARC, 11:15 AM to 1:00 PM. Children 4 and under free. Cost does not include skate rental.
- Art in the Afternoon with Kelly, 7160 Francis Road, 3:00 to 4:00 PM, for 3- to 5-year-olds. More info here.
- Youth Clinic at West Coast Family Medical Clinic, 4:00 to 6:30 PM.
- Knitting Circle at the library, 6:30 to 8:00 PM. Free, drop-in, all levels or beginners welcome!
Wednesday, April 24
- SFRS Parent Discussion group, 9:30 to 11:00. Topic: Hop and Move.
- Toonie skate at SEAPARC, 10:00 to 11:00 AM. Children 4 and under free. Cost does not include skate rental.
Thursday, April 25
- Preschool Storytime at the library, 10:30 AM. Join us for stories, songs, rhymes, fingerplays and more. We’ll celebrate a different theme each week. Plus, every storytime ends with a craft! For approximately ages 3-5; registration required (call the library).
- Toonie swim at SEAPARC, 12:00 to 1:00 PM. Children 4 and under free.
Friday, April 26
- Babytime at the library, 10:30 AM. Come and enjoy rhymes, songs, fingerplays, and stories with your baby. Meet other parents and caregivers and share your experiences. For babies aged 0 to 18 months; registration required (call the library).
- Doodle Bugs Preschool Open House (at SEAPARC), 1:00 to 3:00 PM.
- Youth Floor Hockey for ages 11 and up at SEAPARC, 2:00 to 3:50 PM.
- Teen Drop-in for ages 13-17, 7:00 to 10:00 PM at the Sooke Community Hall (2037 Shields Road), put on by SEAPARC staff. Free! Pool, music, ping pong, guitar hero and more. Free snacks included!
- Late Night Teen Swim at SEAPARC, ages 11 to 17, 9:00 to 10:30 PM. Come and hang, chill, listen to some bumping music, and have fun with your friends. Sorry, no adults. This month: Ultimate Challenge Night!
Saturday, April 27
- Kindergym at SEAPARC, for ages 1-5, $3, 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM.
- Fun Factor Swim at SEAPARC, 1:00 to 3:30 PM.
Sunday, April 28