**Every weekday morning there is Strong Start at John Muir School from 9:15-12:15.**
Monday, March 18
- Write Your Own Fractured Fairy Tale Prize Draw! This week, Sooke Library invites you to turn a familiar fairy tales upside down and inside out—and to have fun! Write your own fractured fairy tale (two pages maximum) and we’ll post it in the library. You might even win a prize! Submissions accepted from March 18-22 in print or by email at email@example.com. For ages 6-12.
- SFRS Parent and Preschooler Drop-in (25 months – 6 years old) at CASA, 9:30 to 11:00 AM.
- Parent and Child Stick & Puck Hockey at SEAPARC, 1:00 to 2:30 PM. Bring skates, gloves, and a caged helmet. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Tuesday, March 19
- Moms’ Bible Study group meets at Sooke Baptist Church (7110 West Coast Road), 9:30 to 11:00 AM. Kids welcome – toys provided. You don’t have to attend Sooke Baptist Church to come!
- Baby Talk (for ages 0 – 12 months) through VIHA at the CASA building, 10:00 to 11:30. Topic: Safety-Proofing Your Home.
- Toonie skate at SEAPARC, 11:15 AM to 1:00 PM. Children 4 and under free. Cost does not include skate rental.
- “Can You Imagine?” Fractured Fairy Tales, 2:00 to 2:45 PM at the library. For ages 6 to 12; registration required (call the library). What if Cinderella decided to start her own cleaning business? Or Snow White didn’t like apples? Join us as we explore some fairly twisted tales and other stories where familiar fairytale characters show up in unusual ways. You’ll also have fun playing fairytale-themed games and activities!
- Art in the Afternoon with Kelly, 7160 Francis Road, 3:00 to 4:00 PM, for 3- to 5-year-olds. More info here.
- Youth Clinic at West Coast Family Medical Clinic, 4:00 to 6:30 PM.
- Knitting Circle at the library, 6:30 to 8:00 PM. Free, drop-in, all levels or beginners welcome!
Wednesday, March 20
- SFRS Parent Discussion group, 9:30 to 11:00. Topic: Picky Eaters (with a nutritionist).
- Toonie skate at SEAPARC, 10:00 to 11:00 AM. Children 4 and under free. Cost does not include skate rental.
- Parent-Child Mother Goose program at CASA, 1:00 to 2:30 PM, for ages 18 months to 3 years. Learn songs, rhymes, and stories to promote attachment and support early literacy. Call 250-642-5152 to register. Runs until April 17.
- Prenatal Classes through SFRS, 6:30 to 8:30 PM at CASA. Group classes for pregnant women and a partner. $100 (subsidy available). Call Teresa to register: 250-642-5152.
Thursday, March 21
- By Royal Invitation: A Dress-Up Storytime, 10:30 to 11:15 at the library. Calling all princesses and princes! Come in costume and join us for a special storytime and craft. You’ll have a “ball” listening to new tales and learning how to behave like a real royal! For ages 3-5; registration required (call the library).
- SFRS Young Parents’ Discussion Group at CASA, includes lunch, 11:00 to 1:30. Topic: TV/Media and Children.
- Toonie swim at SEAPARC, 12:00 to 1:00 PM. Children 4 and under free.
Friday, March 22
- Books for Breakfast storytime at the CASA building, 9:30 AM. For 2-4 year-olds. Kids get to hear a story, have a snack, and get a free book to take home. Contact Jodie to register: 250-580-2252 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Head Start Music Program through SFRS at CASA. 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM. For 4- and 5-year-olds. Music-based activities – singing, moving, listening, and instruments. Every second Friday. Call 250-642-5152 to register.
- Teen Drop-in for ages 13-17, 7:00 to 10:00 PM at the Sooke Community Hall (2037 Shields Road), put on by SEAPARC staff. Free! Pool, music, ping pong, guitar hero and more. Free snacks included!
- Family Hockey at SEAPARC, 7:00 to 8:15 PM. Helmets required and youth should have full hockey gear.
Saturday, March 23
- Kindergym at SEAPARC, for ages 1-5, $3, 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM.
- Fun Factor Swim at SEAPARC, 1:00 to 3:30 PM.
Sunday, March 24