**Every weekday morning there is Strong Start at John Muir School from 9:15-12:15.**
Monday, January 28
- SFRS Parent and Preschooler Drop-in (25 months – 6 years old) at CASA, 9:30 to 11:00 AM.
- Parent and Child Stick & Puck Hockey at SEAPARC, 1:00 to 2:30 PM. Bring skates, gloves, and a caged helmet. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Tuesday, January 29
- Moms’ Bible Study group meets at Sooke Baptist Church (7110 West Coast Road), 9:30 to 11:00 AM. Kids welcome – toys provided. You don’t have to attend Sooke Baptist Church to come!
- Baby Talk (for ages 0 – 12 months) through VIHA at the CASA building, 10:00 to 11:30. Topic: Childhood Diseases and Immunizations.
- Toonie skate at SEAPARC, 11:15 AM to 1:00 PM. Children 4 and under free. Cost does not include skate rental.
- Youth Clinic at West Coast Family Medical Clinic, 4:00 to 6:30 PM.
- The Power of Positive Parenting (Triple P) Group Session at CASA, 6:30 to 8:30 PM. Call 250-642-5152 to register.
Wednesday, January 30
- SFRS Parent Discussion group, 9:30 to 11:00. Topic: Nutrition.
- Toonie skate at SEAPARC, 10:00 to 11:00 AM. Children 4 and under free. Cost does not include skate rental.
Thursday, January 31
- Preschool Storytime at the library, 10:30 AM. Join us for stories, songs, rhymes, fingerplays and more. We’ll celebrate a different theme each week. Plus, every storytime ends with a craft! For approximately ages 3-5; registration required (call the library).
- SFRS Young Parents’ Drop-in Playgroup at CASA, 12:30 to 2:00 PM.
- Toonie swim at SEAPARC, 12:00 to 1:00 PM. Children 4 and under free.
Friday, February 1
- Babytime at the library, 10:30 AM. Come and enjoy rhymes, songs, fingerplays, and stories with your baby. Meet other parents and caregivers and share your experiences. For babies aged 0 to 18 months; registration required (call the library).
- Head Start Music Program through SFRS at CASA. 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM. For 4- and 5-year-olds. Music-based activities – singing, moving, listening, and instruments. Every second Friday. Call 250-642-5152 to register.
- Kingfisher Preschool Groundhog Family Dance at EMCS, 5:30 to 8:30 PM. Pizza dinner, dancing, fun for the whole family. $3 per person; age 2 and under free.
- Teen Drop-in for ages 13-17, 7:00 to 10:00 PM at the Sooke Community Hall (2037 Shields Road), put on by SEAPARC staff. Free! Pool, music, ping pong, guitar hero and more. Free snacks included!
- Family Hockey at SEAPARC, 7:00 to 8:15 PM. Helmets required and youth should have full hockey gear.
Saturday, February 2
- Kindergym at SEAPARC, for ages 1-5, $3, 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM.
- Fun Factor Swim at SEAPARC, 1:00 to 3:30 PM.
- Benefit Concert for Zoe, 5:00 to 11:00 PM at the Shirley Hall. See here for more details.
Sunday, February 3