Have I missed anything? Let me know!
**Every weekday morning there is Strong Start at John Muir School from 9:15-12:15.**
Monday, October 22
- SFRS Parent and Baby/Toddler Drop-in (0 – 24 months old) at CASA, 9:30 to 11:00 AM.
- Help Haunt the Library Contest begins. Feeling creative? Bring in a mask of your design and help us decorate the library for Halloween! Winning submissions for children, teens and adults will be selected on Wednesday, October 31.
Tuesday, October 23
- Moms’ Bible Study group meets at Sooke Baptist Church (7110 West Coast Road), 9:30 to 11:00 AM. Kids welcome – toys provided. You don’t have to attend Sooke Baptist Church to come!
- Baby Talk (for ages 0 – 12 months) through VIHA at the CASA building, 10:00 to 11:30. Topic: Will I Ever Sleep Again?
Wednesday, October 24
- SFRS Parent Discussion group at CASA, 9:30 to 11:00. Topic: Hop and Move.
- Family Fall Gathering at Saseenos Elementary School (6066 Sooke Road), 5:00 to 8:00 PM. Drumming, T’Sou-ke First Nation welcome, prizes, dancers, harvest stew. Everyone welcome!
Thursday, October 25
- Preschool Storytime at the library, 10:30 AM. Stories, songs, rhymes, fingerplays, puppet shows, and a craft to take home. For approximately ages 3-5; registration required (call the library).
- SFRS Young Parents’ Drop-in Playgroup at CASA, 12:30 to 2:00 PM.
Friday, October 26
- Books for Breakfast storytime at the CASA building, 9:30 AM. For 2-4 year-olds. Kids get to hear a story, have a snack, and get a free book to take home. Contact Jodie to register: 250-580-2252 or email@example.com.
- Babytime at the library, 10:30 AM. Share rhymes, songs, fingerplays and stories with your baby. For babies aged 0 to 18 months; registration required (call the library).
- Saseenos Halloween Dinner, Dance, and Silent Auction, 6606 Sooke Road in the school gym, 5:30-8:00 PM. This is an enjoyable Costume Dinner, Dance and Silent Auction put on by the Saseenos PAC for the whole family! We request that no weapons or costume accessories be brought to the dance. CHILDREN MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT AT ALL TIMES! Dinner is pizza; gluten-free option available.
- Eerie Acres Haunted Graveyard in East Sooke, 7:00-11:00 PM. A big Halloween attraction for all ages; see this ad for details.
- Teen Drop-in for ages 13+, 7:30 to 9:45 PM at the Sooke Community Hall (2037 Shields Road), put on by SEAPARC staff. Free! Pool, music, ping pong, guitar hero and more. Free snacks included!
- Late Night Teen Swim at SEAPARC, ages 13 to 17, 9:00 to 10:30 PM. Come and hang, chill, listen to some bumping music, and have fun with your friends. Sorry, no adults.
Saturday, October 27
- Kindergym at SEAPARC, for ages 1-5, $3, 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM.
- Sooke Country Market, on Otter Point Road at Eustace, 10 AM to 2 PM. (I think. They haven’t responded to my question about when the last market day is/was yet.)
- Sooke Women’s Show (attention moms!) at the Prestige, 11:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Fashion show, shopping, prizes, food. Only $10. Tickets available at Pemberton Holmes and Shoppers Drug Mart.
- Halloween Swim at SEAPARC, 1:00 to 3:30 PM. SEAPARC’s pool will be transformed into a haunted house full of spooky staff and creepy crawlies.
- Eerie Acres Haunted Graveyard in East Sooke, 6:00-10:00 PM. A big Halloween attraction for all ages; see this ad for details.
- Shirley Hallowe’en Sideshow, 6:00-10:00 PM. A family-friendly event that showcases the weird and wonderful residents of Shirley and surrounding wilds. This is a by donation event with a suggested donation of $10 per family. See the website for more details.
Sunday, October 28
- Halloween Costume Skate at SEAPARC, 2:00 to 3:15 PM. Grab your Halloween costume and ice skates and treat yourself to some spooky skating at SEAPARC during a Halloween themed public skate. Regular admission rates apply.